Credits

Femikey

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Imagine... When Churches are now Pubs

Actually, there is really no need to imagine because it is happening everywhere, especialy these times ...

When people finds the churches boring and old-fashioned, what will happen to the religious structures that were previously constructed to bring honor and glory to God? Here in United Kingdom, they converted them into pubs or bars. Young people (ah not only the young people but of course with the leadership of the elders)thought it is far better idea. Younger generation seems not interested in going to church anymore( having always a fabulous night-out is much favored). Not all but many are. That has what happened to the structures that i am presenting now. For us who came from a religious country, what would we think? We think it is not proper? We think it is not decent? But really who cares about what we think? I had seen a church in Pampanga, very near to the pubs there (on a district across SM Mall) that is being converted into pubs, too, so what makes the difference? Anyway, i am showcasing here how the world is changing now a days. As i am here in Scotland, all i can say is that Drinking is the national pastime here, that's why there are lots of pubs. Check this out...



I showed these places to my inlaws yesterday and because they came from a very quiet, little bit conservative, rural,religious community in Canada they can only say, "is that right?" And yup, it is right. Here are some more photos ...




If you read the writings on the pub or church entrance, you might not want to go inside, but you will if you are very adventurous ( i am adventurous, but i will still not go). The writing said: "Enter at your peril." Scary, isn't it?

As for myself, i can only hum my favorite song from one of my favorite singers, John Lennon. I always love this song Imagine ....Who cares if i am little bit radical?

Imagine there's no heaven it's easy if you try
No hell below us above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today...

Imagine there's no countries it isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for and no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us and the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions i wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger, a brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us and the world will live as one.

11 comments:

Gorgeous MUM said...

sad, hey? but i guess the realtors need to make money!

i've seen some canadian programs showcasing old churches being refurbished as residential houses. the host says it's the "in" thing now, since a church facade attracts more!

oh well, time changes things before our eyes!

hope your in-laws continue to have fun there! surely the kids love to have them around because their grannie and poppy will definitely spoil them!

take care!

Pinay said...

Oh lalala,grabeh ang simbahan gihimong pub house?For me they don't have any respect,it's a God's place.Wla na gyd laing lugar na mabutangan sa ilahang business.

Even here in France,some churches are now museums,hay naunsa naba.

Anonymous said...

Such a pity. The more I like around the less respect for God I see.

Sassy Tanya said...

wow the world really turn upside down! now I believe whats written in apocalypse or revelation the last book in the bible, it has so many scary predictions and what you show case here is one, this means instead of turning our back to GOD this is the time we have to think and hold on to our faith to HIM.
so SAD and SCARY....

E-Tavasi said...

Mmm so sad that church turn into Pubs, i never know about this.. hope they know what are they doing.. :(

Reanaclaire said...

yeah..sad to see churches being taken over by pubs... didnt know that till up posted the pics...
Imagine is a nice song..i love it very much esp after David Archuleta sang it..modified it..

Jena Isle said...

Hi, that's one of my favorite songs too...I always hum it..when I feel low.

Some people are even hesitant to mention nowadays, that they believe in God because of so many people who would debate them for their belief,

I am sometimes reluctant and at times I kicked myself for this, but I come out anyhow to say I do.

God bless!

Angel in the Sickroom said...

I love that song! Imagine... David Archuleta sang that hehehe being a David-fanatic here sorry about that.

Anyway thanks for sharing that. Woah people are being uhm... innovative? Well, it's something new and exciting yes but I sure don't want to be seen inside those pubs at all. Or any pubs for that matter because I don't drink hehehe.

Have a great day. I see your boys are becoming camera lovers hehehe. They're so cute talaga. ^_^

hana said...

I feel sad to see churches being converted into pubs and what-nots. What happened?? =C

Lynn said...

That's how liberated people are there, huh? Diri pa na, nag rally na ang mga pinoy. Hahaha!

Hey cuz, let prisco watch Kung Fu Panda. He'll love it for sure just like Yogi. (",)

Ingatz!

Borneo Falcon said...

What a shame